Membership ClassificationsLDWG accepts membership applications made by permitted wastewater agencies, municipal stormwater dischargers, industrial dischargers and other local units of government situated within the watershed boundary. Additionally, consulting firms and environmental advocacy groups are eligible for associate membership. Please download, complete and submit the fillable membership application. The same application can be used for all levels of membership. For more information about membership benefits, please see our Fact Sheet .
Agency Member: Any agency holding an NPDES permit for a discharge from a wastewater treatment plant or from a municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) into the Lower Des Plaines River or its tributaries. Agency Membership dues are calculated based on design average flow of treatment plant discharge in million gallons/day (MGD) and/or acres within the watershed boundary. In addition, all Agency Members are assessed a $200 administration fee and an $800 per-permit monitoring fee.
Associate Member: Any agency, organization or company interested in the mission and objectives of LDWG that is not eligible for membership as an Agency Member. Several types of Associate Memberships are available:
- Municipal Non-Permitted – Membership dues are calculated based on 1/3 of a municipality’s total acreage within the watershed boundary at $1.00 per acre plus the $200 administration fee.
- Townships – $1,000
- Industrial NPDES Permit Holders – $2,500
- All Other Organizations – $500
- President – Allison Swisher, City of Joliet
- Vice President – Mark Siefert, City of Crest Hill
- Secretary/Treasurer – Keith McKeen, Village of New Lenox
- Member At Large – Ed Dolezal, Village of Channahon
- Member At Large – Pete Grossi, City of Lockport
- Member At Large – Jennifer Wasik, MWRD – GC
- Member At Large – open
2019 Financial Reports